FileMaker 9 & Valentina

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Wed Jul 11 08:21:29 CDT 2007

With the release of FileMaker 9, that product can now use SQL databases on
the backend almost seamlessly. SQL tables can be incorporated into the
structure as if they were native FileMaker tables, and though you can't
change the schema, you can create additional FileMaker calculations that
take advantage of the data.

I envision a day when I can have the ease of interface development that
FileMaker brings to the table married to the speed of Valentina on the
backend, but this first requires an ODBC driver for Valentina that will work
on the Mac. I think that such a thing would open up a whole new market for
Valentina.

Opinions?