Help - at wits end :(

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Mon Jul 9 16:40:04 CDT 2007

Hi Eytan,

Thanks so much for the clarification and code example.

     Barry G. Sumpter

-----Original Message-----
From: valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net
[mailto:valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net] On Behalf Of Bernet, Eytan
Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2007 7:25 AM
To: Valentina Developers
Subject: Re: Help - at wits end :(

I have a timer that every 30 seconds does the following:

  if gConnection.IsConnected= true then

    tQueryString = "SELECT StudentID FROM Student WHERE StudentID = '1'"
        vres = gDB.SqlQuery( tQueryString )
  end if

If I didn't, gConnection would close, and while reopening it would not
generate any errors, I would run into Problems. I had no such problem when I
closed and opened the connection manually, but then I ran into other
problems.

Eytan