Date issues

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Jul 9 09:06:19 CDT 2007

On Monday, July 9, 2007 kim at webguide.com.au (Kim Kohen) wrote:

>On 09/07/2007, at 11:49 PM, Ivan Smahin wrote:
>
>> Probably
>> insert into rides (ride_sql_date) value ( '11-07-2007' )
>Tried this first - threw an error - incorrect token at '3' or
>something similar
>

>> Create table t1 ( f1 DATE )
>> INSERT INTO t1 VALUES( '11-07-2007' )
>> SELECT * FROM t1
>> no problems - '11-07-2007'
>I've just created a new db and now it's working fine ...  ggrrr:)

Incorrect token at 3 is complaining about the dash.

Is is possible that you changed the date separator value for your database?  I did this the other day when messing with my Date control panel.  I was just messing around and somehow I opened a Valentina DB that I had been using often and the default separator was changed.   Not sure what steps I did to create the problem, but I fixed it by explicitly changing the datesep in the DB to what I wanted.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/