Hard crashing due to fields not specified in SQL

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 6 10:04:52 CDT 2007

Hello Steve,

Friday, July 6, 2007, 4:55:48 PM, you wrote:

SA> On Friday, July 6, 2007 IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua (Ivan Smahin) wrote:

>>Hello Steve,
>>
>>Friday, July 6, 2007, 12:28:02 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> In my  V4RB 3.0.1 app, I had this SQL:
>>
>>> Select  Issues.recid, Issues.nId, Labels.cLabelIdx
>>> FROM  Issues,  Labels, Sessions, Perfs, IssPerfs
>>> WHERE  Sessions.nLabelid = 301
>>> AND Sessions.nSessId = Perfs.nSessId
>>> AND Perfs.nPerfId = IssPerfs.nPerfId
>>> AND Issues.nid = issPerfs.nIssueId
>>> AND Issues.nLabelId = Labels.nId
>>> AND Issues.cFormat =  32
>>> ORDER BY Issues.cCatnum, Issues.cTitleIdx
>>
>>I'm doubt it is able to run (never mind vStudio or some ADK )
>>Currently, it's  not  allowed  to use  "order  by"  against the field which does not
>>mentioned in SELECT clause. But it should be no crash.

SA> I just added this SQL as a note to my previous Mantis entry
SA> regarding SQL.  It works on VStudio but crashes my app.  I can't
SA> easily tell if the ORDER BY is working because the ORDER BY field is not in the SELECT.

>>> Everytime my app tried to execute this SQL, I would get a hard
>>> crash on the Mac.  No exception processing, just a friendly message
>>> from OS X that my app is gone.   In the Valentina log, this SQL is
>>> the last thing in the file with no return object.
>>
>>Could you send me the crash-log?
>>

SA> The crash log is also uploaded to the Mantis report.

SA> <http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=2419>

SA> Here is another SQL that was crashing my app in Windows, but not the Mac:

SA> Select Writers.RecID, Writers.*, lnk_sc.sortord
SA> FROM Writers, Lnk_SC
SA> WHERE LNK_SC.song_id = 310
SA> ORDER by sortord

SA> I added LNK_SC.song_id to the SELECT clause and it works fine now.

Something weird.
I  have  tried  it with vStudio on that empty database - it works - no
crash. (Windows).
So, could you prepare some V4RB project which shows up the problem and
send it to me? Just I can not reproduce it here.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database