Windows Deployment

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Jul 2 22:06:58 CDT 2007

On Tuesday, July 3, 2007 kim at webguide.com.au (Kim Kohen) wrote:

>i'm having trouble getting my head around what has to be done for
>Windows deployment with V4RB. I know with built Mac apps the
>VComponents need to be copied but I have no idea what I'm doing on
>the Windows side of things.  I've read the wiki docs but they don't
>make a lot of sense to me (where do I change my apps PATH variable?)
>
>if someone can give me a step by step on what to do I'd be mighty
>appreciative.

The way I do it is to install my app in the same folder as the VComponents.  In other words, I create a folder in the Program Files directory for my app.  Then I dump the contents of the VComponents folder into that.  No setting of PATH variable required.  InnoSetup handles it nicely.

This is fine for me and my small user base.  Your milage may vary.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/