UTF16->UTF8

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Mon Jul 2 02:17:08 CDT 2007

for UTF-8 to UTF-16 the following procedure was successful:

1. I did a XML-Dump and chosing UTF-16 as encoding (readable!).
2. I changed directly in XML the Storage and the IOEncoding to UTF-16
(you can find this at the beginning of the XML-File). You could try
to change only the storage encoding (in the RealBasic Reference I
cannot find a Parameter for IOEncoding).
3. I can see no reason why this should not work from UTF-16 to UTF-8
(of course the dump has to be made in UTF-8).
4. The sorting (the indexes!) (at least in German) will not be
correct in UTF-8. Be aware of this, it has nothing to do with your
code. VStudio will report errors (only Diagnose).

Karl Grob