Paradigma Wants You - Valentina Community Server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 1 08:00:50 CDT 2007

On 1/7/07 3:39 PM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

>> Ive been under a pile but sometime soon Ill write something up
>> about the
>> implications of VCS to VDN. For doing consulting work, VCS is a viable
>> alternative if all you need is web access and no support
> €€€€
> It sounds like it's suitable for any web site - I'm just not sure why
> I'd use it over MySQL given a non-commercial situation. I was
> thinking of switching our web server over to Valentina but the PHP
> restriction has always really bugged me - now it bugs me more. I
> could use Linux for the web server and have unlimited connections and
> no outlay but for OSX it appears I have to pay $199 for PHP and the
> connections come off the server connections. At least with MySQL in
> this circumstance I just use it for free and be done.

No, Kim, wrong.

This your answer is before my detailed answer on the your first letter was
sent.

So I will repeat again (I am not lazy :-)

* you MUST NOT buy VPHP for $199 to make WEB site.
    VPHP Standalone for $199 is for development of ADK-like products
    to be shipped on CD/DVD.

    VPHP Standalone for $199, is in FACT single-user solution
    like is V4RB ADK :-)  so it will not help you develop unlimited user
    web site.

* Yes go ahead and use Linux for your WEB server !!!

* or you want to say that you not like Linux and you'd prefer to make WEB
site using MacOS?

-----------------------
Well, then may be we can try in the nearest weeks provide
    Valentina Community Server for MAC and Windows.

Because right, for MAC and Windows sites you also can use free mySQL.
Or not right? :-)
Their license is so complex and it seems only ISP get it for free 100%
Or if you make site for own use, but not for deployment of commercial
solutions.

Lynn will decide this I think.

> At least with MySQL in
> this circumstance I just use it for free and be done.

Actually you can use MANY free ways :-)

MySQL, SqlLite, Postgre, FireBird, FrontBase, ...