V4MD - going from v1 to v2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 23 12:53:29 CST 2007

On 23/1/07 8:05 PM, "Scott Runkel" <srunkel at hypix.com> wrote:

Hi Scott,

>> V4MD\Examples\V4MD_Specific\Field_Media\Field_Media.dir
>
> Here's your code from Field_Media.dir, stripped of extra stuff:
>
> tbl = gDb.table("T1")
> fldBLOB = tbl.field("fld_blob")
> fldBLOB.getMedia(member("out_pic"))
>
> Does this mean I can't use a cursor, I have to get a table reference, and then
> a field reference from THAT, before I can use getMedia?

OF COURSE you can.

* Cursor is a RESULT TABLE. Right? :)

* Cursor and Table are very similar classes.
    they have many similar methods.
    including

    fldRef = curs.GetField( NameOrIndex )
    fldRef =  tbl.GetField( NameOrIndex )

* and according to OO principles, when you have instance of Vfield class,
    its NEVER MIND where from you have got it.