How to deal with transactions?

hmeier at gmx.net hmeier at gmx.net
Fri Jan 19 13:53:37 CST 2007

Hello,

I'm currently trying to rebuild an app. It's a multi-user app attached to a SQL database. It used to be all SQL-statements for insert, update, lock record, begin transaction, ...
Now I try to do it all with Valentina DB (server), using the classes provided in an object-orientated manner.

So far I could use the examples provided to do all the "general stuff" like adding, deleting, updating records.

But now I come to a point where I don't know how to do it. I'd like to do some changes on several records in several tables. During this process I need to protect some records (lock them for writing for other users connected to the db) and unlock them again at the end of this very process (in which I may have updated the locked record - and others, of course).

I used to do this with SQL transactions. But how to do it all with Valentina? Can anyone please give me some hints to get started or even some code sample?

Thx a lot!

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail