V4MD: German Umlauts on Mac

Martin S. blackfin at elfenherz.de
Mon Jan 15 08:40:46 CST 2007

Hi,

I have a V2 database with many words that contain german Umlauts.
My VServer_embedded runs on a Windows machine. When I connect to the
server with a Windows client (Director), everything is fine, but when a
Mac client accesses the database, all my Umlauts are scrambled.Storage
encoding of my database is UTF16. What do I have to do to display the
Umlauts correctly on the Mac without writing my own lookuptable in
lingo. (Mac and PC clients should be able to access the same server /
database)

regards,

Martin