V4RB 2.5.3 Indexing crash, again

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Jan 12 23:07:38 CST 2007

On Saturday, January 13, 2007 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 12/1/07 11:14 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:
>
>> Still no.  But, I just got back from a coffee break with my Windows guru
>> friend and he has an explanation.  All this is beyond my expertise, so forgive
>> me if I'm not explaining it well.  He suggests that because the simple app is
>> much smaller, it doesn't get "segmented" by Windows.
>
>> The larger app can't
>> pull all the dll's into memory so it doesn't until it needs them.  It would be
>> logical that the dll for indexing is low priority for bringing into memory
>> since it is used infrequently.
>
>No, this not sounds like a true.
>
>We do not have separate DLL for indexing.
>Index algorithms are part of vkernel.dll

I trust you know better on this.  My friend has no knowledge of Valentina or RB and was offering just a theory on what could be happening.  But, he did solve my immediate problem by suggesting to move the program to a directory that had no spaces in the name, so he is on to something.  In the meantime, in case you can't find anything with the app I sent, I will try to recreate the problem with a smaller app  that will demonstrate the problem.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/