Moving database from Mac to PC

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Wed Jan 10 15:12:35 CST 2007

On Wednesday, January 10, 2007 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>>> Once again before I will download:
>>>
>>>    did you diagnose your db ?
>>
>> Yes, no problems.
>>

>>>    did you try CLONE it on MAC then move to PC ?
>>>

>> Yes, but this did not help.
>>

>> Here is an update on what I've found.  If I download my DB and open with my
>> app, it will crash doing the index.  But if I open the same DB with VStudio,
>> it will be successful and I can open that DB with my app.  But, if I do a
>> REINDEX from an SQL statement within the app, it will crash.  The app seems to
>> work in all other respects.  I am using the class way to open the DB.  Is
>> there something in the installation that could be incorrect but only effect
>> indexing?
>
>Then this bring a question:
>
>    so with Vstudio and above database,
>    we will not be able reproduce problem ?

I'm not thinking straight anymore.  :-)   Of course you can't.  When I first started, VStudio wasn't involved, just my app.  When I realized you would be looking at it, I downloaded VStudio for Windows and tried it.  I didn't think of the next step...

I will try to create a small app that will duplicate the problem and submit to mantis.

Sorry for stringing you along...

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ