Moving database from Mac to PC

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Jan 8 23:31:27 CST 2007

With my application, I provide a base database for new users.  Up until version 2, I would create this database on the Mac, but provide it to both Mac and Windows users.   The database consists of 2 files, the .vdb and .ind.  I provide only the .vdb to users since the .ind can be created on the fly.

With Valentina 2, my Mac users are having no problem with this database, but for my Windows users, the application crashes on database open while the indexing is being done.  The resultant .ind file is only about half the size it should be so I know it is crashing during the indexing.

There is no debug log produced during this.  What can I do to debug this situation?  I'm developing with V4RB 2.5.2 on the Mac, but the problem is with the Windows version.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/