Updating binary links

Danny Lewkin daniel.lewkin at cognosis.be
Fri Feb 16 02:16:43 CST 2007

Hello,

I have to 2 tables, tbl_usertypes and tbl_users. Between them there
is a binary link, lnkusertype (so without objectpointers of foreign
key).
I already have records in the tables, linked to eachother.
If I want to change the usertype of a user, it's clear to me that I
have to change the link between that user in the tbl_user and the
usertype in tbl_usertype.
But I can't seem to find any other way to do this, other than first
unlink the existing link user-usertype, en linking it again.
Or is there another "update link" method in API or an "update link"
SQL function, that I hav missed?

Thanks in advance,

Danny