Escaping SQL

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 14 04:09:03 CST 2007

On 14/2/07 12:03 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Btw, Bart. Since you use Valentina Server,
>> you should tend to use SQL and Cursors
>> and avoid API/Class way (Vtable, FindXXXX methods, ...)
>
> Wow, this is major. WHY ?

* At least because cursors do care about record locks, so correct work for
multi-user access.

    We have not provide yet Vtable.LockRecords( Vset )

* because SQL allow resolve query on server side without network traffic.

* because if you use API way with Find() and Sets,
    you start resolve query on side of client computer,
    this require send/get requests to server what can be slow

* we have provide API way for VSERVER thinking about
    a) compatibility of code
    b) VERY FAST local networks

* Even if we provide Vtable.LockRecords( Vset )
    its again means that you need send sets in both sides by network.
    what can be significant overhead.

-----
You can on other hand build own middleware.

I.e. YOUR Application which runs on SERVER computer where is Valentina
Server. And this YourServer will talk to Valentina Server.

Then you need provide your own protocol for YourClient to YourServer.

This is very common practice for big projects.