SegmentMap is corrupted

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 13 16:57:16 CST 2007

On 14/2/07 12:48 AM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

>> I do not think it is related to Convert_1_2().
>> You can convert_1_2 then flush or db.close()
>> Done.
>>
>> It is out of game.
>
> After I wrote this, I realize that after I do the Convert_1_2, I also change
> the structure of the DB and update data of all records in some tables.  I have
> just updated my app to add a flush on every 100 updates and I've sent it to my
> user.

ok

> I cloned my user's converted database and sent it back to him and he continued
> to have the crash without doing ANY updates on the DB.

You mean he do only read only operations?
And you cannot reproduce the same on your side ??

> But, I'm not confident that the clone was good.

If this is a case then this is big bug.

> As I said, it took 4 hours to run and I was doing
> nothing else on my computer.  If my fix to the conversion process does not
> solve the problem, then I will revisit the cloning.

May be its possible to check if cloned db is okay if do XML dump.
This will force read all and any records.
So if map is fine, then XML dump must be done

>> We have PCs so we can try your app + db + steps later.

> I will very interested to know what you find.

So far we will have only your db.

Testing with app required app and detailed steps to reproduce problem.