VText case insensitive search

Trausti Thor Johannsson tj at quarksbar.net
Tue Feb 13 14:16:09 CST 2007

Hey list,

I now have Valentina 2.5.5, running on Mac OSX 10.4.8 on Intel Mac,
Realbasic 2007R1.

when I use the following sql search :

     cursor = mDataBase.SqlSelect("select * from simptable where
((texti like '%"+searchstring+"%') or (filename like '%"+searchstring
+"%'))",EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite,
EVCursorDirection.kRandom  )

texti is a VText

I can not search case in sensitive, for example if the "texti" has a
text which is "php", I can not search it by typing in PHP, I need to
type php in lowercase.

Is this a limit ? Or would I be better served with doing object
search instead of sql search ?

Best regards,

Trausti