VStudio VPN

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 13 14:08:40 CST 2007

On 13/2/07 9:30 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bart,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I'm a bit further down the road now with Valentina and I'm still
> having trouble connecting to our server with VStudio.

> I'm picking this up now since I can now confirm that working from the
> same machine (and in the same place) I have no problem connecting
> with the server through Realbasic and a VServer object

Aha, already 90% of success :-)

> but VStudio simple refuses even to try to connect.

> This is not nice since I need to be able to develop further on the
> serverdb when I'm not in the office
>
> Any ideas much appreciated

Read this logic. Correct me.

1) you have SERVER COPUTER in office.

2) you have HOME computer.

3) you or your admin have setup VPN on server computer to make illusion that
your HOME computer is part of local network. Right?

4) you do this VPN to allow YOUR home computer connect, but refuse other
inet connections to your office server computer. RIGHT ?

5) if (4) is right, then why I was able connect from not-allowed computer?

6) can you try connect from any OTHER out-of-office computer to your SERVER
computer's Valentina Server?

    again, remember that I was able connect by Valentina Studio ?