SegmentMap is corrupted

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Tue Feb 13 13:49:42 CST 2007

I looked on the Wiki for information on segmentmap, but there is nothing to be found.

I would like to know just what the error "SegmentMap is corrupted" means.  My user is getting this error, but not in all instances of retrieving records.  He also reports that he can sometimes get a record and then have that same record retrieval fail on segmentmap error later in the program.

Is the segmentmap corruption something that can happen due to a bug in my app?  What kind of thing could cause this?

When this error occurs, what is the prescribed method of trying to rescue the database?  Reindex? Clone DB?

I tried cloning this DB using VStudio and it took 4 hours.  This is a 40MB database.  Is that an expected time frame for cloning a DB that size?  I'm suspect of that clone function since I returned the DB to my user and the segment error still occurred.

Thanks for any information.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ