Link question

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:11:40 CST 2007

>>    aTable.Field("username").Value = loginname
>>    aTable.Field("userpw").Value = loginpw
>>    aTable.Field("member_type").Value = SuperUserID ---> this is an
>> objectptr to member_types table
>>    Try
>>      newRecID = aTable.AddRecord()
>>    Catch Err As VException
>>      MsgBox(Err.Message)
>>      Return False
>>    End
>>

>> Do I still need to do this ?
>>
>>    aLink = mybbDB.Link("members_type_to_members")
>>    arLink(0) = SuperUserID
>>    arLink(1) = newRecID
>>    aLink.LinkRecords(arLink)
>>

>> Or is this Link information updated by me setting the objectpointer
>> value in the members table
>
> ObjectPtr-link can be used as usual field.
> I.e. No need use
>
>>    aLink.LinkRecords(arLink)

Would executing the LinkRecords command be an error (---> leading to
VException) or would it just be double work because the objectpointer
already updates the link

What if I don't use aLink.LinkRecords can I later use the link to
retrieve information about what records(tableA) are linked with
records(TableB)?

TIA

Bart