VStudio VPN

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 9 10:43:12 CST 2007

On 9/2/07 6:29 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> connected without problem to core1.cognosis.be (real adres) with
>>> telnet
>>
>> So you can connect from HOME using telnet?
>>
>> 1) I have try do telnet from my MAC and is connected
>>
>> 2) I can connect by Vstudio to your VServer.
>>     I see a couple of dbs there.
>>
> So you could connect to core1 ? That's step one, so conclusion for
> now is serverside is correctly configured?

I think yes, server side okay.

I see that Vstudio works slow enough with your server.
...don't sure if this is my inet slow, or vstudio developers must pay more
attention to remote connections design.

>> You can specify PORT of Valentina Server in the dialog
>>     menu File -> Connect To
>>
>> You cannot specify port of your client computer. NEVER.
>
> What is meant is specifying what network interface to use (ethernet,
> airport, vpn,.....)

Ah. No currently.

Hmm. I start latest version of CocoamySQL application, and see this version
adds in the connect dialog

    [x] Use SSH tunnel
        and set of SSH options.

So I think we need try implement this in Valentina studio also...
But this is task of 2-4 weeks I think.