VStudio VPN

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:52:30 CST 2007

Hi Kirill,
On 9-feb-07, at 11:50, Kirill Pekarov wrote:

> Hi, Bart.
>
> You wrote 08.02.2007, 21:37:23:
>
>> However now I'm using my airport at home + router + ISP + office
>> router
>> The VPN is OK
>
>> Any ideas ?
> I have check, our server is successfully binding on IP
> of VPN. All ok here.
>
> The problem sooner whole in that beside you on area of the
> network "office router -> ISP -> router -> home" somewhere
> prohibited port 15432.
> Realize this you may help the system administrator from ISP or from
> your office.
>
> For checking that the the server is working do telnet
> Your_Server_Ip 15432 from your home.
> In the event of success you will see connect.

connected without problem to core1.cognosis.be (real adres) with telnet

at core1 there is a router where port 15432 is forwarded to the
windows VServer 15432 Valentina Office

At home I placed my Mac in the DMZ (so no NAT issues from the home
router). The only thing I will be experimenting with is the network
ports of my laptop.
Is there a way to tell VStudio over what port it needs to build a
connection ?

Looking forward to suggestions ....

> Can advise the quick decision, without searching for of the area where
> not through the packets on port 15432.
>
> If on machine where is started VServer and not present HTTP server -
> try to run VServer instead of 15432 on port 80, and check it from your
> home. Or if no ftp server - try a port 20 or 21.

Off to next meeting now....

Later

Bart