VStudio VPN

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 02:22:57 CST 2007

On 9-feb-07, at 08:58, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 8/2/07 9:37 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bart,
>
> We have talk with Ivan here.
>
> * VPN is kind of tunnel to make your home computer looks as part of
> office
> network, right ?

Right. However it is the laptop( Macbook Pro) I am using in the
office, that I also use on the road and while at home

> * the fact that NOW works is not guarantee that other apps should
OK

> * do you have several network cards in your home computer?

Yes, in the office I connect over Ethernet LAN, at home I connect
(would like to connect) through my airport (wifi) card, on the road
(untested for now) that would be a bluetooth connection to my cell
phone + a 3G connection to our offices over the providers network.

> * may be your home computer do not have set a Default Network
> Interface?

I just tested with my wifi disabled (off) and using the same ethernet
interface as in the office (restarted the machine), started VStudio
connect , same problem.

I am almost certain VStudio is not even trying to connect (the could
not connect follows immediately after clicking the connect button).
More details on Mantis
mind you I am know testing without VPN just straight to our fixed ip.
If you want I could send you the logon info

Lost on ideas what to try

Bart