Automatic Garbage Collection

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 1 03:58:55 CST 2007

On 31/1/07 11:23 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,

>> On 2007-01-31, at 16:16, valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:
>>
>>> * should we only set some compiler switch or we need redesign code ?
>> It depends massively on your code and the styl how you do it NOW.
>> Even more is your code really Obj-C or C++???
>
> It's only C++, isn't it Ruslan?

Yes of course.

>> It's not clear (and not announced as again and again pointed out
>> today) IF GC will only works on "real" Obj-C2(!!) objects OR for
>> all code.
>
> Well, it seems to work on CoreFoundation structures and the
> NSHashTable and NSMapTable work with pointers, that get zeroed out,
> when declared weakly. So I'd say it must work with every kind of
> pointer.

It have no sense to use inside of Valentina engine,
because as I have told we need yet Windows and Linux.

If some switch will be required to make our V4CC.Framework
compatible - no problems...

I even do not see many sense to change V4CC ... Because we use special
techniques to link ADK objects to kernel objects.

Only may be, it can be applied to such objects as Vcursor, Vset which are
returned into ObjC code. We have similar behavior in C#.