Linux VServer question

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Mon Dec 31 14:49:15 CST 2007

Hi Ruslan,

I have another question about size limits.  I will be happy to log it
in mantis if you think it is an error.

I am working on a Document Management app, so I plan on storing large
amounts of data.  The thing I have found on the Mac OS X, local
client version 3.5.1, is that any data written into the database past
4,165,470,013 bytes looks like it is working, the database file
continues to grow, but no data is returned past the amount written
above.  So if I insert a file that is 3.64GB and then another 512MB
file, I can only recover 241MB of the 2nd file, from that point
forward any other files/data submitted is never returned.  Anything
written before the magic 3.88GB boundry works fine.

I am using filechunks into a blob field in 1MB chunks for now.   I
just did not want to submit a bug report if there are known limits on
file/DB sizes.  I could not find any reference in the docs.

Thanks....Jason