dealing with corrupt varchar data

Dave Parizek david at parizek.com
Thu Dec 27 18:06:07 CST 2007

I am getting an error <SQLSTATE name="99503">
<DESCRIPTION>ERR_INTERNAL_VARCHAR_CORRUPTED</DESCRIPTION>
<MESSAGE>Varchar data &quot;%S&quot; is corrupted.</MESSAGE> </SQLSTATE>

I know which of my tables the corruption in, and tried to use VStudio
to just delete all data in that table, to no avail.

What does on do to fix a database with varchar corruption?

I think in RB I was able to dump it and then reload it, and that would
fix it, and it seemed that happened often so I had to do a lot of
dumping and reloading.

But I cannot get VStudio Mac most recent version to work half the
time, much less do a dump and successfully reload it.

Is there some other way to fix or delete corrupt varchar data?  Does
dump and reload work still typically?

thanks,
Dave