Using Like in a select

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Wed Dec 26 01:18:57 CST 2007

Hello Joseph,

Wednesday, December 26, 2007, 4:47:34 AM, you wrote:

> and customers.accountname LIKE ' %CPS% '

> But this does:
> and customers.accountname = 'CPS '

> The only difference is line 6, I am trying to use LIKE but it returns
> no results,
> but it should. I need the LIKE statement to work in this situation, is
> this a bug?
> If so any suggestions for a workaround?

A  lot  of  difference.  Look - in "like" case you are looking for any
record  with  field  started  from  space.  I  think  there is no such
records.
And only then you apply "any amount of any symbols pattern" - '%'

Seems intention was : and customers.accountname LIKE '%CPS%'

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database