query a table with results in random order

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Dec 21 01:41:12 CST 2007

On 2007-12-21, at 08:18, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

Btw. Ruslan Mark is using Director.

> Then just use this array in loop to get positions of cursor:
>
>    for I = 1 to N
>    {
>        pos = arr[i]
>
>        curs.pos = pos       // "now you have random record..."
>    }

Sometimes when only thinking about solutions I'm mousetrapped with my
"old db thinking" of course a Valentina cursor is not this old style
forward only cursor, so this is ways faster, then to fetch first and
then sort.

Of course if you're playing it over and over again then in memory
solution would be better, because you didn't need to query all the
data again and again

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--