date-time format wrong!! - Misunderstanding. 2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 12 02:49:27 CST 2007

On 12/12/07 10:07 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>> 2) And this is how it's written in our db-creation-program :
>>
>>      DateFormat = EVDateFormat.kYMD
>>      DateSep = "-"
>>      TimeSep = ":"
>>
>> these settings are accepted and shown in the same way when we open
>> the DB with VStudio...
>
> Or may be I miss-read this?

Danny,

Ivan plays with REALbasic, and says that only way to get "wrong" strings is

    dim v as VARIANT

    v = curs.Field(1).value     << get VARIANT of RB from Valentina value.

    // now you have REALbasic VARIANTs on hands
    // which has CORRECT numeric values for Y M D
    // but if you try convert it into String
    // then of course REALbasic do not respect db.DateFormat of Valentina

So our question is,

    please show us your REALbasic code where you get
    DateTime value as string

Note, that

    curs.Field(1).GetString()

Should works correctly, because string conversion will do VCLIENT.