Delete not working

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Dec 2 02:20:59 CST 2007

Hello,

I have a strange problem. The following code (V3.4, V4RB, Mac OS
10.4.7 on G5, Mach-O) works for new databases, but not for databases,
which were created with an earlier version (May 2007).

   'select mails, which need to be kept
   theSQL = "create or replace view DeleteDups1 as (select min(RecID)
as RecIDMin, CheckSum from Message group by CheckSum)"
   theResult = theDatabase.SqlExecute(theSQL)

   'delete others
   theSQL = "delete from Message where Message.RecID Not in (select
RecIDMin from DeleteDups1)"
   theResult = theDatabase.SqlExecute(theSQL)

The database of the older version is brought up to the same database
schema as the new database. The field CheckSum is a new one, as the
name says it contains checksums. But the schema change adds data to
this field so that it's not empty. I checked this with Valentina
Studio. The sql also doesn't work with Valentina Studio. It just says
"executed successfully".

By the way, the latest beta just gave me some funny seconds, because
it only shows data from the first record all over in the listbox.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.