Valentina 3.2 refuse open v2.5.6 db

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 31 13:00:07 CDT 2007

Hi Robert,

Ivan have check your db and resume is next:

1) source of problem is that your v2.5.6 database have about 40 fields in
table Customer which do not follow to rule of IDENTIFICATOR, -- they start
from DIGIT.

        24fdg   -- bad name for field or table.

In Valentina 3.2 we have add more strictness in this regard.

SOLUTUION:

* what is your state? Are you in development yet?
    if yes, then you need just correct your REV scripts
    and generate new db with correct field names.
    then you will be able to use 3.x builds.

2) I see that you have a lots of VarChar(9).
    It is more effective to use in this case String(9).
    VarChar better not use for strings small 16-20 bytes.