v4rev standalone - packaging problems

chris livermore chrisliv at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 28 20:42:02 CDT 2007

In my Revolution/Val development the  val database file is created
and accessed fine, but when I make a standalone the database file is
not created and navigation buttons fail to operate.

  I have tried installing VComponents folder inside APP but;
I've followed the deployment (mac) method, but still receive this
error (permission denied) from terminal window;
Welcome to Darwin!
[shadowfax:~] shadowfa% /Users/shadowfax/Desktop/
INSTALL_VCOMPONENTS_V4REV_v3 /Users/shadowfax/Current\ jobs/warrick\
brewer/ICM\ TOOL/standalone/ICM-IMYOS5/ICM-IMYOS.app/
cp: /Users/shadowfax/Current jobs/warrick brewer/ICM TOOL/standalone/
ICM-IMYOS5/ICM-IMYOS.app/Contents/vcomponents/vresources/English/
kernel_errors.xml: Permission denied
cp: /Users/shadowfax/Current jobs/warrick brewer/ICM TOOL/standalone/
ICM-IMYOS5/ICM-IMYOS.app/Contents/vcomponents/vresources/English/
sql_errors.xml: Permission denied

I have Developer installed. I've also tried copying the VComponents
folder inside a Contents folder with app but same result.
Is there any other ways of making a standalone ? I'm desperate.

Also when I run valentina's 'TestProject.rev' ... I receive the this
error;

Test_V4REV_VTable_Prop_Counts
FAIL:  -1 = 100

any thoughts?

macintel 10.4.10, rev 2.8.1-gm3, val 3.2

thanks
chris