[INFO] About pseudo-"bugs"

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 23 15:21:14 CDT 2007

Hi Jon,

> You're saying it's because the locale was incorrect when the db was
> opened because Valentina wasn't able to complete the process (because
> of a bad schema). I understand. Do you disagree that throwing an
> exception here would be a good thing?

About exceptions

In early 2.x we did throw them. You remember.

Later was some bug reports that thanks to this exceptions,
It is not possible even open some db.
So we have relax this, and now we LOG warnings.

This is mistake on DVELOPMENT state,
    so developer will see that and fix.

Users should never get into Warnings issue,
    if application is well tested,
    or report then to developer as a bug