db syncing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 23 15:02:11 CDT 2007

Hi Jon,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I've been reading up on SyncServices for Mac OS X 10.4. I wonder if
> you have considered a sync API for Valentina databases?

> Given that Vdatabases can get pretty large, syncing by transferring entire
> databases over the Internet can be pretty slow. Being able to sync with just
> the differences would, of course, be far faster.

Give us URL also to read :-)

Not so far we was again asked about support of Replication.
And Ivan have spent few hours learning it in MS SQL and OpenBase.
OpenBase have it very simple, msSQL have it very complex.
Also we want look on other DBs.

For now, it seems to us that FIRST REQUIRED step into this direction must be
adding of new filed type for GUIID. Also a timestamp should be used.