valentina to valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 21 23:38:58 CDT 2007

On 22/8/07 2:37 AM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

> and ???

Sorry, I have forget tell you.

Please add report into Mantis about XML dump + BLOB.
Ivan will test it and try to fix.

It seems to me right now the only real and may be even the most effective
way is:

You write code as

FOR EACH Table you want copy:
    FOR EACH RECORD you  want copy
        read record
        write record

Only issue, you use V4MD, it do not have direct API to use with BLOBs.
Do you have something else except V4MD? E.g. V4RB?

-------
This is not not so trivial task in general case, Christian.

For example, I am thinking: if we can in one day add this to Valentina
Studio... But how?

It needs provide quite complex interface to select
    1) N Tables to work on
    2) for each table specify FILTER for records...

If think about SINGLE table by table copy, then what about ObjectPtrs and
BinaryLinks?

I do not see yet how this can be done...

Ideas?

Can you again describe YOUR task. How you can know what records and tables
it needs to COPY?  Or you need copy just ALL and everything?