V4MD Example Field_Media -- Hmm, works in 3.3 fc2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 21 08:36:26 CDT 2007

On 21/8/07 1:33 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

Hi All,

>> Ruslan or anybody:
>> I just got a copy of the Valentina Xtra for Director. It's very
>> complete, but crashing Director, even with the Field_Media example. I
>> have Director MX2004, running on an Intel Mac Pro.
>
> Field_Media really crashes.
> We will check it tomorrow and fix for 3.3

Today I was going to debug this issue,
Compile DEBUG version of Xtra -- example works.
Check RELEASE build of 3.3 fc2  -- example still works as expected.

So, not clear.
Looks like 3.2 archive did got somehow corrupt example.

-------------
P.S.

So on the current moment, we have only one crash-issue with William. Right?

Again let me repeat:

1) IF William use Valentina examples -- they work.

2) IF William use only his own project with code copied from examples -- it
also works fine.
    * Can be run and stopped many times.
    * db can be created and opened
    * tables do create fine
    * pictures work?

3) only minor problem is IF and only IF

    * William run V4MD example,
    * then (not finishing it?)  Open movie of his own app
    * run his movie -> crash.

William, have I correctly describe state of deal?

Again, first of all I'd like to see
    a) V4MD log
    b) OS X Crash log for this crash.

Also note, in the code it is possible to set:
        Valentina.LogToFile(true, true)

This will force FLUSH to disk after EACH write into log.
This option is useful exactly for such crash-issue isolation.
Because on crash may happens that log file loose latest writes.