[VSRV] How to backup MasterDB

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 17 01:20:45 CDT 2007

Hello Ruslan,

Friday, August 17, 2007, 9:10:31 AM, you wrote:

> On 17/8/07 9:03 AM, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

>> G'day Ruslan,
>>
>> is there an example somewhere of creating a scheduled backup?

> Yes, introduced in V4RB 3.2

>     Examples/Vserver/ ScheduledBackup

>> Also,
>> what's the best way to backup the masterdb - should we just shutdown
>> the server and copy it? I don't see a way of doing this via VStudio.

> I think the best way is to use the same

>     BAKCUP DATABASE masterdb

> And if you want Scheduler.

> Yes Ivan ?

Example for scheduler:

use master;
set property DateTimeFormat OF DATABASE TO 'kYMD';
set property DateSep OF DATABASE TO '-';
create event
        tr_backup
for
        master
on schedule
        every 3 Minute
starts timestamp '2007-08-17 9:00:00:000'
do backup database to 'c:/DB/Valentina';

Example for single backup:

use master;
backup database to 'c:/DB/Valentina';

Ivan Smahin