Orphan Segments

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 15 16:55:44 CDT 2007

On 15/8/07 9:26 PM, "June Alane Reif" <june at majico.com> wrote:

> I ran the diagnostic tool on my Valentina database (Version 1.1)  and got
> the following report:
>
> -----> Field: "reference_text' of type Text
> Problems found!
>
> (!) Minor problem: exists 2 orphan segments.(indicate mistake in algorithm.)
>

> Does anyone know what this means or how it can be corrected?

This means that in some BLOB field some 2 segments are not marked as DATA
segments, and not marked as DELETED segments. I.e. They are lost and cannot
be reused future.

This is minor problem, it affects only size of BLOB file.

This can indicate that you have forget in some place of your code do e.g.
UpdateRecord() after BLOB change.