V4MD : Connecting to a local DB AND to a server DB possible ?

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 14 08:58:21 CDT 2007

Hello Steven,

Tuesday, August 14, 2007, 4:43:25 PM, you wrote:

> Hi Ivan,

> I did as you told me : closed & voided the connection object after I used it
> and then
> make a new connection object after the init() call. Seems that this is a
> sure-fire way
> to make Director exit with a fatal error
> If I remove the call to .init(), it Works again as expected.

I'm afraid I don't get completely what are you doing.

> If I place the .init() call before the First attempt to connect to the db,
> it fails
> there as well ...

You need more than single connection? Why?
But even so - it is possible.

> Is there a reason you should not reuse a connection object? All I do is
> close() it
> after I have done a certain block of code and later open() it again when I
> need to
> connect to the same db again.

Each valentina's object you created is aware of the particular connection.
So  if  you  plan  to  use  multiple  connections  you  should use
different set of such objects.

BTW,  I'm  afraid  "connection = void" is not enough. Database, tables
and so on will keep it out of destroying.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database