[INFO] License file... -- ADDITIONAL CONNECTIONS in VDN.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 9 14:02:29 CDT 2007

On 9/8/07 4:56 PM, "Jeff Justice" <jeff.j at stariontech.com> wrote:

>> On 8/8/07 4:44 PM, "Jeff Justice" <jeff.j at stariontech.com> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> Yes, we purchased the RealBasic VDN.

ok

>> Yes if you add license file with 10 connections,
>> Then VSERVER will have TOTAL 5 + 10 = 15 connections.
>
> I understand this now, but didn't understand that we had to use the
> Connection Generator (which is currently broken) to add these
> licenses to our VServer.  Until you fix the Connection Generator, we
> can't add our extra licenses to the server.

Yes and we already working on fix.
I hope tomorrow will be fixed.

>> If you have VDN then why you say that you use Vserver Office ??
>
> Why not?  We are using this for our own in-house use, not to deploy
> to customers.

> I want my employees to be able to access our server
> with a client.  Using Vserver Office does not require me to use
> embedding which is more complicated.

Aha, so you use that Valentina Office Server from VDN package.

This Valentina Office Server is not for resale (NFR),
And is intended exactly for your task: internal use and testing.

Okay.

YES, when Connection Generator will be fixed, you will be able
    produce new e.g. license_win_xxx  file with 10 connections,
    drop it into licenses folder of Valentina Office Server
    and get Valentina Office Server with 15 connections.

Also note, in VDN you have got THREE (3) licenses of Valentina Office Server
for 3 different platforms. This means that you can run 3 Valentina Office
Servers on 3 different computers IF YOU WANT OR NEED. But this new
license_win_ddddd with 10 connections will go only to one computer. Actually
this is underlined by its name.