EscapeString

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Tue Aug 7 15:04:28 CDT 2007

Here's what the WIKI says:

res = Valentina.EscapeString( "Valentina's (day)", 0 )
// res is "Valentina\'s (day)"

res = Valentina.EscapeString( "Valentina's day", 1 )
// res is "Valentina\'s \(day\)"

Of course, for REALbasic, the second parameter must be a boolean, not an integer.

Am I doing something wrong?  I have the following:

    nameStr = Valentina.EscapeString(pText,bool)

I enter Valentina's (day) into pText but regardless of whether bool is true or false, I get "Valentina\'s (day)".  The parens are not escaped even when the second parameter is set to true.

This is on the Mac with V4RB 3.01.

Am I reading the docs incorrectly?

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ