Vista OS

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Aug 6 13:20:24 CDT 2007

On Monday, August 6, 2007 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 6/8/07 7:13 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>> Valentina_EscapeString...
>>     PARAM: inStr = "ok"
>>     PARAM: inForRegEx = 1
>>

>> I am assuming that since it is not returning from Valentina_EscapeString, then
>> that is where the crash is occurring.  Again, if I am making an incorrect
>> assumption, please let me know.
>>
>> I have asked the user to try getting a crash a few more times to see if the
>> results are the same.
>
>Yes seems to be crash in EscapeString().
>
>1) ValentinaInit() was called already?
>
>2) and the same code 100% works on XP but fail on Vista???

Here is the code where the crash is occurring.  Very simple stuff.

---------------------------
labelCursor.CreateByLikeName(cLabel.text)   // This is the code making the call

Sub CreateByLikeName(pcLabelName as string)
  pcLabelName = Valentina.EscapeString(pcLabelName,true)

  query = SQLfieldString + "WHERE cLabel LIKE    '" + pcLabelName + "%'   order by cLabelIdx "
  CreateCursor
End Sub

As you can see, I'm passing in the text of an edit field and giving that directly to EscapeString.  I'm wondering if there is some kind of problem with addressing here.  Just an uneducated guess on my part.  If I had a Vista test environment, I would change the code to copy the string to a local variable before calling EscapeString and see if that makes a difference.

Make of it what you will....

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ