3.0 and 2.x Valentina Upgrades and Renewals; Linux Additions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 26 13:01:46 CDT 2007

>> BTW if only we didn't have to re-install when switching versions...
>> maybe keeping Vcomponents in a different folder numbered by version?
>
> I was thinking the same. I'd be happy to play with V3 betas, but I
> have to use 2.5.x for development. Having to do an install each time
> I want to switch between them is rather a big disincentive.

Well, I'd recommend next steps:

1) install 2.x
2) work with it as long as you want.

-------
3) now you want try some 3.x build

4) go to
    Program Files/Paradigma Software    for WIN
    /usr/local/lib                      for MAC

     AND MOVE VComponents folder to desktop.

   ** also you need copy .rbx plugin

5) now you can install v3  and play with it.

6) return back to 2.x copy Vcomponents and .rbx when you need them.

------
NOTE

It is quite easy write some SHELL script which do this 2 copies:

ScriptSaveV2

    cp -R /usr/local/lib/VComponents    Desktop

ScriptRestoreV2