REGEX and ?

jda jda at his.com
Thu Apr 19 16:36:32 CDT 2007

>Hi jda,
>
>On 2007-04-19, at 22:51, jda wrote:
>
>>>select * from oc_report where memo_text like '%?%'
>
>>Thanks for the suggestion. But that search doesn't work for me, for
>>example, if ? is at the end of a sentence.
>
>Just for the records THIS statement also finds the record, when "?"
>is at the end of a sentence (just checked, if this is true for
>Valentina too)

Hi Thorsten,

Hm, should there be a new statement? Thanks, but I've standardized on
REGEX for all character-based searches now -- I have a routine that
builds the SQL search based on the user enters in a search field.
Works very well, and supposedly requires only a small amount of
escaping to get it to work well (escaping \, for example). But it
looks like it is broken now (or I'm losing my marbles and it never
did work for ? and *).

Jon