cursor.UpdateRecord

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Thu Apr 19 09:14:41 CDT 2007

Dear Ruslan

I do have a similar problem.

The Database is a very simple One-Table-Database and i work in
Classes-Way (no Server) in RB2007R2 (Val 2.9)

The update-Procedure does not work at all, the Programm quits without
error etc. There is no proper Cursor (=VCursor) but the code is
similar to V4RBRef-page69

Example:
rTbl = myDB.myReg (Table of DB)
EF_ = Editfields

   rTbl.RecID = val(ST_Rid.Text) -> this is a existing RecId of the
Table "rTbl"
   if Trim(EF_Titel.Text) > "" and Trim(EF_Zeile_1.Text) > "" then
     MsgBox " Titel und 1. Zeile können nicht gleichzeitig
aktualisiert werden"
   else
     if Trim(EF_Titel.Text) > ""  then
       rTbl.Eintrag.value = EF_Titel.Text
       rTbl.istTitel.value = True
     else
       rTbl.Eintrag.value = EF_Zeile_1.Text
       rTbl.istTitel.value = False
     end if
   end

  rTbl.TxtNr.value = EF_Text_Nr.Text
   rTbl.fldFrank.value = EF_Frank.Text
   rTbl.ReplEintrag.value = makeReplaceEintrag(rTbl.Eintrag.GetString)
   rTbl.SortEintrag.value = makeSortEintrag(rTbl.Eintrag.GetString)
   rTbl.UpdateRecord -> -> Program quits
   rTbl.Flush

BTW: rTbl.addRecord works in a very similar Procedure (but adding
instead of updating) without problems.

Thanks
Karl Grob