[V4RB] Apps compiled with 2.5.9 on a Mac still don't work on the PC (Vista and XP)

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Sat Apr 14 14:56:57 CDT 2007

Hi,

> On 14/4/07 8:11 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Adding 100k records take 6 seconds. I guess it is good.
>
> Okay, then it is logical to think  that 2.5.9 do works.

Actually, I can't open any DBs. If I create new ones, despite it is
very slow, I can't open them back. I always get a 'Segment Error'.

> And slow issue of your project is related to something ...
>     a) may be you have not set off the V4RB LOG ?

No logging. Actually I use logging for debug mode only. (If
debugBuild...)

>     b) do you have tons of BLOBs ?

Not a single blob.

>     c) no idea more ...

App has been using the same exact code for the last 2 months since I
made previous release. 2.5.9 compiled version works extremely well on
the Mac.

This afternoon I reinstalled 2.5.6 on my Mac and on all my PCs
(thanks for 2.5.6 link btw). Result: my app works like a charm on the
3 machines. Database creation is as fast as on the Mac, I can open
all old databases, create new ones, open recently created ones and so
on. In other words, it works perfect.

Then I reinstalled 2.5.9 (clean install). Result: database creation
is again extremely slow, I can't open back the newly created
database, I can't open any of the old databases and after quitting
the app the OS gives me an error as the app did not exit
properly...etc... I can repeat on the 3 machines, XP and Vista.

So I think there is a problem. Let me know what can I do to help you
fix that. As you know I am gifted for bug discovery. Anyway thanks to
2.5.6 I will be able to release the version I needed to and forget
that problem for a while but I always prefer to work with very last
versions to continue next product release.

Stan