picture and text insert

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Wed Apr 11 18:49:57 CDT 2007

G'day Ruslan,

> ALREADY EXISTED JPGs can be stored directly using VBLOB class
> methods WriteData()
OK, from the docs it seems this takes an RB string as a parameter
rather than a picture object. When using:

   curs.BlobField("g_blob").WriteData(s)

it's returning numbers into the field which, if I understand
correctly, is a reference to the BLOB file. (I haven't tried reading
them back out of the db yet). So it appears to be working!  :)

One question, should I be using WriteData() or WriteRawData() and
what's the difference?  My version of the VKernel manual doesn't even
mention WriteData() as a VBLOB method, only WriteRawData().

cheers

kim