picture and text insert

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Wed Apr 11 06:45:56 CDT 2007

G'day Ruslan,

> curs = db.SqlSelect( "SELECT fldPict FROM T WHERE false" )
>
>     curs.SetBlank()
>     curs.PictureField( "fldPict" ).SavePictureAs( pict )
>     curs.AddRecord()
>  Server get ready JPG
> and just save it to db on disk.
good news, bad news and a question.

Good news:  Using this I can save a pict file which came with the
example app (renamed to .jpeg to avoid filetype issues)

Bad news: It will not save a normal jpeg. It creates the db row but
the g_preview field is <empty> in VStudio (The pict shows as a
Picture in VStudio.)

Question: Any idea what would be causing this problem? The picture
being passed is definitely a valid RB picture object.

cheers

kim