picture and text insert

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Tue Apr 10 18:57:08 CDT 2007

G'day Ruslan,

> SQL way with binding should be good choice.
> Because it is bad idea to insert big blob/text values inside of SQL
> query.
these are only 175px previews - about 100k each.

What form should the preview be in? Binary, text, base64?  I tried
writing the picture to a temp file, reading the binary data and then
inserting the binary data into the Blob and it failed using plain SQL
(unexpected token).

It would be nice if I could use SQL to just place the (RB) Picture
object directly into the picture field as per the API version.

cheers

kim