[ANN] Valentina 2.5.9 uploaded.

jda jda at his.com
Tue Apr 10 17:58:00 CDT 2007

>Hi,
>
>on 10-04-2007 1:49, jda at jda at his.com wrote:
>
>>  Hi Ruslan,
>>
>>  Since installing 2.5.9 I've found it's very easy to get databases
>>  where, after adding and deleting references, I get a
>>
>>  Database Engine Error: Segment "5" is wrong. The last segment is "4".
>>
>>  (the numbers vary).
>>
>>  I'll see if I can find steps to reproduce it, but I've had three
>  > fatally damaaged databases in the last hour.

Hi Ruslan,

I think this is the bug that cause the segment error, but I have a
corrected workaround.

I have been saving a blob with this code

           myCursor.BlobField(fieldName).writeRawData(propertyValue)

(propertyValue is a variant (RB) that holds a string).

Up to 2.5.9 it worked.

With 2.5.9, if propertyValue is empty it corrupts the blob field (you
get the segment error I reported).

Changing the code to

         if propertyValue.StringValue = "" then
           myCursor.BlobField(fieldName).SetBlank
         else
           myCursor.BlobField(fieldName).writeRawData(propertyValue)
         end if

  seems to work OK.

I realize .setBlank is the proper way to do things. But setting the
blob to empty shouldn't corrupt the database, should it?

JOn